“You are so good. So good, you’re always feeling so much. And sometimes it feels like you’re gonna bust wide open from all the feeling, don’t it? People like you are the best in the world, but you sure do suffer for it.”—Silas House, This is My Heart for You (via sunflower-mama)
“Nothing in the world can bother you as much as your own mind, I tell you. In fact, others seem to be bothering you, but it is not others, it is your own mind.”— Sri Sri Ravi Shankar (via ohlovequotes)
“The monsoon season is here and I am shivering
even with all my clothes on. The once comfortable
sound of silence in my room now feels
like a persistent unanswered phone call,
ringing and pounding and cutting me
to the core. I check my phone, hoping to find
your name flash before the screen. And yet.
Nothing. I close my eyes and see a train wreck.
I open them again and see the ghost
of your smile in the peripheries. For a moment,
I think, they are one and the same.
Then again, maybe I’m wrong. Maybe yours is even
a larger destruction than that. Maybe larger than life.
But. There is no lamplight and I can’t see the moon
right now so I have yet to confirm that.
It hasn’t stopped raining here.
Surely, it won’t stop anytime soon.”—When You Leave Without Saying Goodbye, N.C. (via uniquecole)
“I want to get more comfortable being uncomfortable. I want to get more confident being uncertain. I don’t want to shrink back just because something isn’t easy. I want to push back, and make more room in the area between I can’t and I can.”—Kristin Armstrong (via whismical)
“I want girls to just be able to feel like they can do whatever the fuck they want. You can be really smart and really fun, and not be afraid to be funny. Girls forget that they have so many facets.”—Este Haim, the glorious patron saint of unapologetic women everywhere (via sleepwontsaveyou)
“I, too, want someone who would drop everything that he’s doing just to be there for me whenever I need him. I want someone who would prioritize me; not really all the time but every once in a while.”—(via escafeism)
“Never apologize for how you feel. No one can control how they feel. The sun doesn’t apologize for being the sun. The rain doesn’t say sorry for falling. Feelings just are.”—Iain S. Thomas (via ohlovequotes)
“Your first kiss isn’t as important as your last. The math test really didn’t matter. The pie really did. The stuff you’re good at and the stuff you’re bad at are just different parts of the same thing. Same goes for the people you love and the people you don’t—and the people who love you and the people who don’t. The only thing that mattered was that you cared about a few people. Life is really, really short.”—Ethan Wate, Beautiful Chaos (via emotional-algebra)
“What I’ve Learned:
1. A girl can lose feelings for you over night.
2. A kiss can be just that, a kiss. Completely meaningless.
3. Love can be one sided but I still wonder if that is love at all
4. Never beg for someone to stay or to love you. You shouldn’t have to beg for someone to be a part of your life or to love you. You deserve better than that.
5. Stop breaking your ribs to make space for those who do not belong there.
6. Learning to breathe again is harder than the doctors said it would be.
7. I don’t know what hurts more at night; being alone or being in love.
8. Laying with someone in bed at night is temporary. It won’t get rid of the lonely. You will still wake up and leave in the morning with a heavy heart and no hand to hold.
9. Sometimes the sky rains gasoline instead of water and you have to be strong enough and ignore the urge to set yourself on fire.
10. I will be okay someday. Bad things happen for no reason sometimes and things end but that shouldn’t mean you should come to an end too. The ocean will always have waves; I just have to learn to swim through them for a bit longer.
11. The stretch marks I left on my mother from birth will not be another suicide letter I never finished.”—Oliver Nolau (via suspend)